Friday, July 24, 2009

Week of activities

This week was one of those weeks I usually am vehemently against. Shane had sport camp every morning from 9 to 12 and Shane and Myann both had swim lessons in the evenings. I did not plan them together, but the swim classes kept getting bumped until the 2 activities landed on the same week. And as it worked out, Brian had to be out of town and Grandpa Jo and Grandma Anne were leaving. Thankfully, I had Tina to help with the crazy week, so in the end it was not too bad.

Shane is really enjoying swim lessons and finally dunking himself under the water. Yea!!! Myann is enjoying her swim class, thought I am not a fan of the silly games in the pool, I'd rather skip the games and just teach skills, but I'm sure that does not work for 2 year olds. Myann used to be fine dunking her head, but on the first try of lessons, she swallowed water and threw up. So now she is a little nervous about putting her head in the water, and will only do it when I dunk her.

Because you must look cool at the pool


Miss No Fear jumping into the pool


Shane's 1st day and not so sure about playing tag with 7 year olds.


Myann was all too happy to run the field too - sadly I didn't capture her running up to every person to lift her dress and show them her dolphin tattoo on her belly


My fearless child was a bit shy at the beginning of every class, after seeing this, I realized why - she would snuggle them until they were ready, after I took this picture, 2 more boys came over for love time with the coach


Shane hitting his homerun - Brian was not happy to hear they were making sure all the kids hit a "homerun" - maybe not a real homerun, but it was still a good hit - I was proud



Shane's last day of sport camp with his coach - think there may have been a bit of a crush.

No comments: