Friday, July 17, 2009

Grandma Anne hit the Wall...on the Hiawatha Trail

Today we did the Hiawatha Trail bike ride. 17 glorious miles in Montana. Glorious is probably a poor word choice, better described as scenic, bumpy, hot in the sun, freezing in the tunnels, and exercise. We had a really good time, total trip time about 4 hours, but we all enjoyed it. Well, until the end, when Grandma Anne hit the wall inside the final tunnel. I was behind her and saw the whole thing. I was half trying to not crash into her, and half see if there was anything I could do to help. With moderate biking experience and pulling Myann in the trailer, I helplessly watched. Fortunately, Grandma Anne is rather graceful and caught herself, so that slamming into the wall saved her, she was pretty bruised the next day. Once we met up with Brian and Grandpa Jo, and explained to them what happened, Shane asked, "Mom, did you try to save her?" Sadly, I had to say I did not.

Grandma Anne - what a good sport


The bumpy ride wore him out.


Myann pointing out the tunnel we just biked through.





No comments: