Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Random kid things




My friend and fellow motion sickness buddy swears by the hospital style barf bags.  Since Myann is following in my foot steps, and regularly gets motion sickness, I have been thinking of how to better prepare ourselves.  She can not swallow ginger pills yet, so we use diphenhydramine when the roads are really bad, but I thought I would try out the recommended barf bags.  When they came in the mail the other day, you would have thought they were the toy of the year.  Myann was so excited, and proclaimed they were only hers and she was not sharing.  I am sure the boys are devastated to not get a barf bag. Love my nutty girl. I will have to get a picture of Myann with her bags.

Laila is our sweety chatty girl these days.  She is talking up a storm and so loving. No less than 10 times a day, I get a tiny girl leaning on me saying "I You".  Her way of saying I love you, since love is still a challenge for her.  All of us get it and the other kids beg for her hugs, kisses and "I you"'s.  She also seems to try out new sayings everyday.  Today it was "sure". She said "sure" to everything.  Not to be left out, any time I ask anyone if they want anything, Laila responds "ME!". I also love that right now when she says "mine", she actually says "mines".  We hear it frequently since everything she see is "mines".  

Shane was at a lego robotics class this week.  As is the norm, the morning of he did not want to go, but by the time I picked him up he was so excited to show me the robot car he had built and programmed.  It is amazing what that boys brain can do.  Now he can finally teach me how to build our own lego robot that I gave up on 5 minutes in.

No comments: