Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baby Addiction

My name is Kari and I am addicted to babies and pregnancy for that matter.  It has been a little over 3 weeks, I already miss pregnancy, and already find myself sad that Laila has passed that true newborn stage and has already progressed into an alert infant. I hold Laila A LOT, to the point that I am not getting much else done.  I feel that if I hold her enough, maybe I can freeze time, at least in my mind.  I was holding her the other night when Brian saw me staring at her with that longing gaze and said, "Thank goodness you had your tubes tied, because I can already tell you want more babies."  And he was right.  I do, I did. But, it is done and we are moving on from the baby having stage to the kid raising stage. I have accepted that and know it is right for our family.  So in the meantime, I will hold Laila as much as I can, gaze at her and try to remember everything about her babyness, and love every second of this stage.  So if you come to my house and it is a disaster, you have been warned, I am holding a baby instead of doing household chores.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Aw Kari, you are the sweetest. Holding babies is much important than housework!!