Friday, February 4, 2011

Aunt Sunny's visit

I am cheating a bit here, because I wanted to blog part of Sunny's trip here. I took some of these things off Sunny's facebook page. Sunny flew in to take care of the kids so I could immediately fly to Dallas when Alex passed away. Brian got her settled in and then joined me in Dallas. Sunny then stayed a week after I got back. I knew she would have liked to go to the funeral, but was so thankful that she came here to take care of my kids.

Need an esteem pick-me-up, come visit my nephews and niece. SHANE: 'Tina is the best baby-sitter in the world' ME:'Yes, Shane. Tina is an amazing baby-sitter, but I thought that I was the BEST baby-sitter?' SHANE: 'No, silly. You're not the best baby-sitter, you're the BEST AUNT in the world!'

I was going to add the disclosure that he probably said that because I had just gotten him a present, took him out to eat wherever he wanted and fed them airline cookies for breakfast. I basically "paid" for that compliment.



The lesson that I learned from my 5 yr old nephew and 4 yr old niece tonight is: 'I have big woman boobies and Myann wants to have BIG woman boobies like Aunt Sunny. Little girls have little girl nipples'. Shane then added: 'Little boys just have nipples and boys should never have boobies'....


I wish that video monitors had a built in video recorder. My nephew says and does the funniest stuff in his crib before falling asleep. Right now he is singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" in a rap/metal version of the song, while headbanging along to his rendition. So dang cute!


Conversation over breakfast with my dear nephew...

Shane: Aunt Sunny you love kids and you take care of us really well, so when are you going to have your OWN kids.

Me: I don’t know, Shane. It just hasn’t been the right time yet.
......
Shane: But aren’t you over 30 or over 32?'

Me: Yes, Shane.

Shane: Well, you should definitely hurry up and have some kids then, cause otherwise you will be TOO OLD!



Ander's goodbye: 'I want a kiss' and he kissed my lips, and then both of my cheeks...precious. Shane's goodbye: 'But I'll miss you. I didn't get to do enough with you. How many days until you come back?'. Myann's goodbye: 'I wish you didn't have to leave. You could just stay here. I love you, Aunt Sunny'. I also got the longest hugs from Myann and Shane. I love them so much and already miss them!!!

And worst for Sunny but amusing to me, was that Sunny had a bad fall off a stool while she was here. Over a month later, Anders still gets up looks at the stool and says, "Aunt Sunny fell off the stool and went Boom." Thankfully she did not break anything, but had a few sore places and bruises.

1 comment:

Tina and Robin said...

LOL!! I miss those kids!!! Im glad they still think that I am the best babysitter! And that Sunny is the best aunt!! I have had my fair share of funny converstions with them myself! haha good times!