Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Alex

9 more birthdays than we ever thought we would celebrate! Today you spent your birthday driving to San Antonio to meet with more doctors who can hopefully help you celebrate at least another 9 birthdays. What a walking miracle you are. My brother and my hero, I love you and am thrilled that I could celebrate with you early last weekend. Cancer really does suck, but it definitely makes you stop and enjoy the time with loved ones. Last weekend was wonderful and I really could just be in the moment and enjoy all our time together. Given what you are going through, I know it is hard to stop and appreciate the gifts in your life, but last weekend was just one example of the gifts we have. I know you thought it as often as I did, we have the most amazing family. How lucky are we to be related to some of the coolest people on this planet. Of course, I think that about you. How lucky I am to have you for a brother. Danielle was so right when she said that you touch everyone you meet, there is just something about you that connects with people. How lucky am I that I have never know a minute on this earth without you. Ok, so as we reminisced, there definitely were a few minutes in my life when I wish you were not there, like when you tormented me repeatedly. :) But that is just sibling life.

Happy Birthday! We love you!
Your sister, your brother in law, and your niece and nephews

No comments: