Thursday, December 3, 2009

Myann is 3!!!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful little girl!!! This is how much I love you...your nonartsy mommy is making you Pinkerella cupcakes just as you requested for school. My only hope is that most of the kids have not read Pinkalicious and will not notice that mine do not look nearly as pretty as the ones in the book. But by doing this I am teaching you a valuable lesson, be willing to try something new for someone you love. I love you and will risk my own pride to try to make you happy. And in the spirit of Pinkalicious, you said you are not going to share any of the cupcakes with your teachers because you are going to eat them all yourself. You said you will share some with your friends though.

What an amazing year with you it has been!!! You went from this near baby to a complicated, emotional, and lovable little lady. The lovable part is my favorite change this year. You were not the most lovable baby, but this year you have become so lovable and your daddy and I love every minute, well almost every minute of it. Somedays I wouldn't mind having a moment alone in my chair, but I know the day will come when you won't want to sit draped over me and I will miss it. Though you were a little late to talking, you made up for it this year and have become incredibly verbal. My car rides are never quiet and usually you and Shane are competing for talk time. You follow Shane everywhere and want to do and be just like Shane. I think deep down you like girly stuff, but most of the time you play tackle, superhero, and "shooting guns". You are a product of having an older brother. You have nominated yourself as Anders' second mommy and LOVE to tell him what to do and what is not ok and safe for him. Poor guy never can eat around you because you think everything is a choking hazard.

You still love men, and have your select women that you grace with your presence and affection and those women know who they are. We are working on potty training, and I think you would do better if only I could put forth the full effort.

Last night we had a mommy daughter night of manicures and pedicures. Being with you was a highlight. You were such a big girl and too happy to have your nails done. The nail ladies loved you and insisted on taking you home. I warned them that impulse would be short-lived. You are the cutest, which draws everyone in, but you have a willful nature that can be daunting. Your daddy and I are sometimes exhausted by that will, but are so happy that we have such a strong daughter who knows what she wants and will settle for nothing less. I pray that you will hold tight to that will, but go a little easier on me.

We hope you love your birthday, celebrating at the Lion King show.

No comments: