Thursday, April 14, 2011

Myann 4 going on 24

Conversations in the car with my kids are so interesting. Last week's went like this:
Myann: Mason asked me to be his girlfriend.
Me: What did you say to him?
Myann: I did not have a choice, so I said yes.
Me: Myann, you do have a choice and you are too young for boyfriends.
Myann: Mom, we are just kids. I know that.

Now flash forward to today.
Me: Myann, is Mason still your boyfriend?
Myann: No we broke up.
Me: How do you know what breaking up is? What does it mean?
Myann: It means you do not want to be with that person ever again and you will not get married.
Me: Wow, how do you understand this at 4?
Myann: They told me, Jameson and Alex told me. Besides we are just kids and it is all pretend.
Me: Ok, good. (But I was thinking, seriously. I did not think I would have this conversation for another 10 years.)

In the same week of these conversations, Myann can still be such a little girl. We have since quit dance class for the time being, but Myann was often attached to her poor dance teacher. She had to stand with her the whole class and often wanted to hold her hand. Most of the time when we pick her up from Sunday school, she is being carried my a teacher or holding her hand. When Myann had stitches, she was wheeled around the school and the playground in an office chair. Are you detecting a trend? My girl loves her attention, loves affection, and is a master of wrapping everyone around her little finger.

No comments: